Alexandre Nappey started his career within an IP firm. He established and managed its multimedia department for 12 years. In 2012, he joined the first European business law firm as a senior manager in intellectual property and IT law, before joining Clairmont Avocats as a partner in August 2015.
On 1st October 2017, Alexandre Nappey launched a new law firm with business partner Sandra Cabanne and their team.
And so SCAN AVOCATS came into existence, with its main office in Paris and two branch offices in Bordeaux and Strasbourg.
- 2013: Admitted to the Paris Bar.
- 2006: WIPO and CAC Accredited Panelist.
- 2003: EUIPO and INPI qualified IP lawyer.
- 2001: Master’s Degree in Trademarks, Designs and Models, Centre for International Intellectual Property Studies [‘CEIPI’], Strasbourg University.
- 1999: Master’s degree [‘DESS]’ in Multimedia and Information Systems law, Robert Schumann (Strasbourg III) University – with honours.
- 1998: Postgraduate diploma [‘Maitrîse’] in Private Law, with a specialisation in Business Law, Robert Schumann (Strasbourg III) University.
Alexandre has an excellent reputation for both legal advice and litigation on:
- Information Technology Law (including domain names, the internet, and e-commerce, data privacy and e-reputation);
- Intellectual Property (including trademarks, designs and models, authors’ rights, copyright and anti-counterfeiting);
- Contracts (including transfers, licences, trademark co-existence agreements, letters of consent, confidentiality agreements, transactions, letters of undertaking, co-ownership agreements, franchise agreements, distribution contracts, consortium agreements and domain name charters).
- Audits of Intellectual property;
- Unfair competition;
- Advertising law.
Alexandre advises and represents all sizes of French and foreign companies, from small businesses to global corporations. His advice covers highly varied businesses, including luxury goods, fashion, distribution, property developers and estate agents, sport, tourism, the
IT services industry, manufacturing and communications.
He represents clients before civil and administrative courts in France (including the INPI), in Europe (EUIPO) and worldwide (WIPO). And also before national and international arbitration jurisdictions (WIPO, CAC and the French AFNIC).
Alexandre teaches IT law at the CEIPI and Strasbourg University. He provides training on intellectual property law and ICT at the IEEPI and French College of Law [‘Ecole des avocats’]. Alexandre also speaks regularly at conferences in France and abroad.
Numerous of his articles have been published in legal reviews and on the internet. Alexandre participated in the drafting of the Lamy publication on Media and Communications law and co-authored the work ‘Le .fr, une zone de confiance’.
French and English.
APRAM, INTA and CYBERLEX.
- The Guide ‘DECIDEURS Innovation, Technologie, PI’ 2018 :
- Trademarks, designs and models : ranking “Excellent”
- Information technologies, data privacy: “Highly recommended”
- Information technologies, Internet: ranking “Highly recommended”
- WTR 2018: « Internet whiz Alexandre Nappey at SCAN Avocats dispenses deft domain name support to clients of all shapes and sizes. ».
- Leading individual : prosecution and strategy
- The Guide ‘DECIDEURS Innovation, Technologie, PI’ 2017 :
- Trademarks, designs and models : ranking “Strong reputation level 1”
- Information technologies, data privacy: “Strong reputation level 2”
- Information technologies, Internet: ranking “Well known”
- WTR 2017: “Alexandre Nappey offers ‘precious advice and is a great defender of clients’ interests. He manages procedures with timeliness and true professionalism.’”
- LEGAL 500 2016: “Alexandre Nappey demonstrates expertise in the fields of intellectual property law, domain names and data protection. He possesses ‘thorough knowledge of the internet and has good communication skills.’ “