Law of the property intellectual
Why rely on SCAN Avocats?
The firm has designed a complete range of services that enables it to support its clients, whatever their needs, at all stages of the innovation and creation process, with a view to creating added value at controlled costs.
Trademarks and designs
• Prior art and availability searches in France and abroad
• Distinctiveness and validity analysis
• National, European Union and international filings and renewals and monitoring of administrative procedures (notifications, oppositions) in France and abroad
• Monitoring with analysis of the results and recommendations (France, EU and worldwide),
• Pre-litigation (formal notices, objections, negotiations, takeovers)
• Negotiation and drafting of contracts (assignment, license, coexistence agreement, letter of consent, confidentiality agreement, transaction, co-ownership regulations, distribution contract, franchise contract, consortium contract, commercial partnership contract, business provider contract)
• Competitive intelligence and opinion polls
• Audits, valuation and financial evaluation
Civil and penal litigation - Anti-counterfeiting
SCAN Avocats intervenes in demand and defense before civil and penal courts, and also before specialized national (CNIS), European (TEU, CJEU) and foreign courts competent in matters of intellectual property as well as in the context of out-of-court conflict settlement procedures (WIPO, NAF, CAC, AFNIC, etc.), whether in terms of counterfeiting, unfair competition, parasitism, or even misleading or comparative advertising, defamation, disparagement or contractual liability,
SCAN Avocats works in close collaboration with the custom and police authorities in the field of anti-counterfeiting, in France and abroad.
• Analysis of the rights at stake
• Proximity risk analysis
• Definition of the protection strategy
• Filings (E-SOLEAU, bailiff's reports, Agency for the protection of Programs
• Negotiation and drafting of contracts (operation, transfer, publishing)
Patents and inventions of employees
• Qualification of creations
• Definition of inventions (attributable to the employer or not, know-how)
• Assignment contracts and assignment clauses in employment contracts
SCAN Avocats also intervenes in litigations involving patents (validity and counterfeiting) in close collaboration with its patent attorneys partners.
• Availability and freedom to use searches
• Filing and management of all extensions (gTlds, ccTlds, newgTlds)
• Audit of clients’ rights
• Monitoring with analysis of results and recommendations (France, Europe, World)
• Provision of an exclusive platform dedicated to the management of domain names
• Pre-litigation: notifications, formal notices and amicable recovery
· ·- extrajudicial procedures (UDRP, SYRELI and similar) at the international level,
· ·- legal procedures
• Financial evaluation and transactions, valuation of domain names and of portfolios
• Strategy advice (naming charter, litigation grid, intra-group management, portfolio optimization and consolidation)
Advertising and communication law
SCAN Avocats supports its clients in the various steps of their creative activities, from the search for names and logotypes, to the drafting of order contracts, CGU and GTS and the validation of advertising campaigns with regard to regulatory constraints (Loi Evin, Loi Toubon, health regulations, consumer law).
They trust SCAN Avocats
SCAN Avocats manages and defends portfolios of trademarks, designs and domain names for French groups acting worldwide in various sectors such as transport, agri-food and food service industries, pensions, property, pharmacy, IT, fashion.
The firm represented a company in the transport sector in a litigation won at first instance and on appeal, relating to an alleged infringement of the moral rights of an architect.
SCAN Avocats successfully defended a restaurant chain sued by a competitor for unfair competition and parasitism, particularly with respect to the concept and layout.